Spicy Green Peas Soup
I thought one day, that it would be nice to have a warm soothing soup.. on investigating on several websites, I formulated a new recipe and that was just superb for me.. try it out friends..
Green peas (boiled) - 500 grams
Ginger (1" piece) - 2
Garlic - 8-10 cloves
Green chillies - 2
Butter - 3 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Onion (finely chopped) - 1
Bay leaves - 2
Salt to taste
Fresh cream (garnish)
1. Boil green peas and blend it to make a smooth puree.
2. Grind ginger, garlic and green chillies to make a paste.
3. Heat butter in a pan, add cumin seeds and bay leaves.
4. Add onion and sauté till light pink.
5. Add ginger-garlic-green chilli paste. Sauté for 1 or 2 minutes.
6. Add peas puree. Stir continuously and cook for five minutes. Add water if needed to bring the soup into your consistency.
7. Salten the soup, remove bay leaves and simmer for 5 more minutes.
8. Garnish with cream, serve hot.
This soup is good when in thick consistency, however its all up to you.