Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Broccoli Salad

I am an ardent fan of Sweet Tomatoes and I make it a point to go there often. The food is not only awesome to the taste, but also nutritious. Being a vegetarian, or rather, eggitarian, I treasure going there. You have so many varieties of salads, soups, fruits and bakery items in store in the buffet, that your belly would rather tell you - "NEXT TIME PLEASE" or "GIVE ME AN INTERMISSION".. haha

I found their Broccoli Salad really marvelous. It has a touch of sweetness, good crunch, is fresh and vibrant. In fact, it contains bacon, which I used to filter while having, so my recipe too refrains from using bacon pieces. Quoting the recipe for you my friends...

Joan's Broccoli Madness Salad

Ingredients

Dressing:
Mayonnaise - 1 cup
Sugar -1 tbsp
Apple Cider vinegar -2 tbsp

Salad:
Broccoli (florets) - 1/2 stems
Cashews - 1/2 cups
Raisins - 1/2 cup
Onion (red - chopped) - 1/4 cup

Method
  • Wash broccoli and cut into florets. Chop off hard stems.
  • In a bowl, add broccoli florets, cashews, raisins and onion.
  • Mix the ingredients of dressing in another bowl.
  • Toss the salad mixture with the dressing.
  • Cool in fridge for few minutes before serving. Serve.

No comments: